Metasequoia BBS

| New message | Normal | Tree |
Status
Tag
Keyword
[9810] Cant open file because of the Blinn shader type / Lee Phelipe
Done [Bug report,shader/file] Response
hello, long time metaseq user here, in recent updates i've noticed the blinn shader was removed from the software, well the issue is that i have a bunch of old files where i used the blinn shader quite a lot and now some cant be opened quite right, theres this file in particular that is quite big and it straight up crashes the program and i cant go to the materials tab and replace the blinn shader with anthing else, what should i do?
2023-11-04 14:27
[9811] Re: Cant open file because of the Blinn shader type / Administrator
Which version of Metasequoia do you use?
The crash issue with the Blinn shader existed in certain past versions, but it has already been fixed in the latest version.

And, deprecated old shaders are hidden by default, but you can change them so that they continue to be displayed from the setting button (with a gear icon) in the material property.
2023-11-04 17:24
[9812] Re: Cant open file because of the Blinn shader type / Lee Phelipe
>Which version of Metasequoia do you use?
>The crash issue with the Blinn shader existed in certain past versions, but it has already been fixed in the latest version.
>
>And, deprecated old shaders are hidden by default, but you can change them so that they continue to be displayed from the setting button (with a gear icon) in the material property. i will update the program now, i've noticed i'm using 4.8.5b not the latest version 4.8.6a
2023-11-05 03:59
[9813] Re: Cant open file because of the Blinn shader type / Lee Phelipe
thanks, it worked
2023-11-05 04:26