Keyword
[9571] Direct x or .x importer / Moggy
Not necessary [Question] Response
Will you be implementing a .x importer?

Regards,

Moggy
2022-11-03 17:21
[9577] Re: Direct x or .x importer / Administrator
The .x file format is very old legacy, and Microsoft no longer supports it. Why do you need it now?
2022-11-04 17:24
[9580] Re: Direct x or .x importer / moggy
>The .x file format is very old legacy, and Microsoft no longer supports it. Why do you need it now?
2022-11-07 15:41
[9581] Re: Direct x or .x importer / moggy
>>The .x file format is very old legacy, and Microsoft no longer supports it. Why do you need it now?

well considering you have a exporter for it, why not the importer so that anyone can reimport these files to do modifications on older models or new models created with it!
2022-11-07 15:43
[9582] Re: Direct x or .x importer / Administrator
If you output to a non-mqo/mqoz file and then load it again, it will not be in the same state as the original. A reload workflow is not appropriate, and the original mqo/mqoz files should remain.

In any case, the x file format is too old and should no longer be handled in the modern era. However, if you must read x files, please use an external file converter. I don't know the details, but there are several free conversion online services.
2022-11-07 18:16
[9586] Re: Direct x or .x importer / Moggy
>If you output to a non-mqo/mqoz file and then load it again, it will not be in the same state as the original. A reload workflow is not appropriate, and the original mqo/mqoz files should remain.
>
>In any case, the x file format is too old and should no longer be handled in the modern era. However, if you must read x files, please use an external file converter. I don't know the details, but there are several free conversion online services.

If that is true then what was the point of creating any other importer for metsaquioa?
2022-11-09 19:28
[9587] Re: Direct x or .x importer / Administrator
>If that is true then what was the point of creating any other importer for metsaquioa?

I don't understand your question. What kind of answer do you expect?
2022-11-10 10:39
[9603] Re: Direct x or .x importer / Moggy
>>If that is true then what was the point of creating any other importer for metsaquioa?
>
>I don't understand your question. What kind of answer do you expect?

the .x format maybe old but its still supported by some people in the industry.
2022-11-21 13:48
[9604] Re: Direct x or .x importer / Administrator
>the .x format maybe old but its still supported by some people in the industry.

I don't know what industry you're in, but I believe it is risky in every respect to continue to use an industrial system that relies on old technology and does not support modern formats.
However, if you must do so, as already mentioned, an external converter can solve the problem right now. Have you considered that option?
2022-11-22 17:22
[9649] Re: Direct x or .x importer / Moggy
>>the .x format maybe old but its still supported by some people in the industry.
>
>I don't know what industry you're in, but I believe it is risky in every respect to continue to use an industrial system that relies on old technology and does not support modern formats.
>However, if you must do so, as already mentioned, an external converter can solve the problem right now. Have you considered that option?
2023-01-18 00:48
[9650] Re: Direct x or .x importer / Moggy
>>>the .x format maybe old but its still supported by some people in the industry.
>>
>>I don't know what industry you're in, but I believe it is risky in every respect to continue to use an industrial system that relies on old technology and does not support modern formats.
>>However, if you must do so, as already mentioned, an external converter can solve the problem right now. Have you considered that option?

No matter , I found a number of free solutions that don’t involve online conversions! It’s a shame there is no .x importer for your software. Life find a way!
2023-01-18 00:51